These burgers are great for any meal of the day – pair them with eggs and fresh fruit for breakfast or serve as a traditional burger for lunch or supper. These burgers have lots of flavour and are so simple to prepare.
The first batch I made with just ground chicken and there didn’t seem to be enough fat so they turned out quite dry. Next time I did half ground chicken and half ground pork and it was the perfect combination!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (soy sauce alternative - you can use soy sauce here if you wish)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 apple, grated (I used red gala)
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil (for frying)
- Mix coconut flour, salt, chill powder, garlic powder, pepper and basil together.
- Whisk eggs and add coconut aminos (soy sauce) in a separate bowl.
- Grate the apple and mix with ground meat in a large bowl.
- Add egg and coconut amino mixture to the meat mixture and combine fully.
- Add dry ingredients to meat/egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Form 8 patties from the mixture, heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers on medium heat until fully cooked (about 15-20 minutes).