Who doesn’t love the combination of peanut butter, banana and chocolate? These muffins are extremely simple and delicious. They are a great mix of healthy ingredients with a touch of sweet making them the perfect treat for people of all ages!
So many of my clients are sensitive to gluten and/or dairy meaning they typically avoid muffins at all costs. However, this recipe is 100% gluten and dairy free making it a great option for many of my clients and any of you out there who are also living with food sensitivities. Remember – if your goal is weight loss and you’re constantly consuming foods you’re sensitive to (and thus increasing inflammation in the body), weight loss will be extremely difficult!
Prepare a batch of these muffins this weekend and let me know what you think in the comments below!
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl or food processor until fully mixed.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or oil of your choosing.
- Fill 10 tin cups with mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes (until fork comes out clean when pierced).