You read the title and you feel unsure about this recipe because the combination of chickpeas, chocolate and chia seeds could not honestly taste good.. This recipe is tasty, incredibly simple to prepare and is full of some great nutritional powerhouse ingredients. Did you know that chia seeds are a better source of antioxidants than blueberries?
To prepare these muffins you simply throw all ingredients into your food processor or blender and pour directly into a muffin tin to bake! Make these chocolate muffins for a not-so-guilty pleasure this weekend.
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and washed thoroughly)
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons natural nut butter (I used peanut butter) *Extra for smearing over the top
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Poor or spoon batter into a greased or lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a fork inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool and smear with a teaspoon of nut butter of your choosing.